Shout out to Kristin Fintel from Chehalem Ridge Bed & Breakfast for making these for us!!
Things You'll Need:
1 pint Strawberries
1 tsp sugar
4 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons sugar, divided
1/3 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Cut up strawberries and place in small bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar. Strip the lemon thyme leaves off the stems and crush them with your fingertips as you sprinkle them over the strawberries. Gently toss the strawberries and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, put the egg yolks, flour, oil, ricotta cheese, 1 ½ Tbsp sugar, salt and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. Place egg whites in a small bowl. Beat the egg whites with a handheld mixer until they are foamy. Sprinkle in about 1 ½ Tbsp of sugar and continue whipping until they hold medium-stiff peaks. Set aside.
4. Use the same mixer to beat together the egg yolk mixture. Using a spatula, fold in the beaten egg whites gently but thouroughly until there are no white streaks.
5. Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat. Spray the griddle with non-stick spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Cook about 2-1/2 minutes before checking the underside to make sure it is lightly browned and the pancake is sturdy enough to flip (don’t show any hesitation!). After flipping, cook about 1 minute before removing from the pan.
6. You can keep the pancakes in the oven at 250 degrees until ready to serve (about 5-10 minutes max), but don't try to reheat later.
Recipe from: The Creative Breakfast by Ellen Klavan